- Brand fans on Facebook are 79 percent likely to consider buying a company's product (versus 49% for non-fans).
- Facebook fans are also more likely to recommend your products (74 percent of fans are likely to recommend versus only 38 percent of non-fans).
- The study also found that being a fan impacts customer values in big ways. For Best Buy, Facebook fans are 5.3 times more likely to purchase than non fans. (The next closest influence factor for increasing purchase probability was conducting purchase research, which only increases buyer influence by 1.4 times.
- This is similar to above. Having a Wal-Mart in your area increases your likelihood to shop there 2x. If you're a fan of Wal-Mart on Facebook though, you're more than 4x more likely to purchase from Wal-Mart.
More Stats!Interested in more recent statistics? This post is part of a monthly series and you can view January, February, and March social media stats here:
- January: Featuring Facebook usage stats, Pinterest growth, the cost of consumer loyalty, and more.
- February: Includes an infographic spelling out the volume of social media activity that takes place every 60 seconds.
- March: Featuring projections on the future of the web, mobile behavior, and our reliance on email.