Stumbled into an awesome site in beta called CodePen and fell instantly in love. Codepen is like a Dribbble for CSS3 code snippets, which means it’s both beautiful and full of movement.
There are about 35 pages of groundbreaking codepens available now, and I spent a large portion of my afternoon exploring each of them. Below are a few favorites:
- This service page hover element and effect adds a little interactivity to
- This jQuery magnifying glass. Normally I’m not a huge fan of the magnifying glass on anything except e-commerce or artifact-type sites, but this demo is too elegant not to applaud.
- The CSS3-animated intro page for Google Glass.
- Hover-based CSS3 slider that switches from black and white to color on hover.
- This pure HTML / CSS multi-color gauge dial doesn’t just look great, it also reacts to your mouse.
- In honor of data, a pie chart made completely of HTML and CSS AND a moving datasets. OH, and another here.
- Awesome semi-transparent, interchanging logo.
- Finally, one of the coolest login forms I’ve ever seen. That shimmer of light on the black, sleek sign in box is whoa.
Have any other favorite places for innovative CSS3 or HTML5 code snippets? Let me know in the comments.